Monday, December 17, 2007

Tidbits : "Weihnachtsmarkt"


I attended last weekend for the first time the Xmas market here in the neighbourhood (Weihnachtsmarkt Süderbrarup); it was in the former cattle exhibition hall. In the past this region had a lot of breeders from the beautiful Angler cattle and those breeders held their shows in this hall. An old brick & wood building, with lots of open air ventilation. So pretty romantic but very cold.... It was quite dark in there too, so my husband had to go home again to get me a lamp. Next year we have to plan that better; I need much more light on my table !
There were about 20 market stands, from wooden toys to aquarells, and of course lots of punch and food. I was surprised to see so much artists and the market had lots of visitors. There were musical events with child choirs, bands, Santa Claus, clowns, ets. too. It was nice to see those kids enjoying themselves.

At the moment I am quite exhausted from this happening; my legs hurt, I got a cold and could not speak any good German anymore at the end of these 2 days (I am Dutch myself). But I sold quite some hats, especially of the black winter ones, and my button jewelry did it well too. So, maybe next year again ???

6 comments:

X by Leina Neima said...

Heya krap, your stand looks very lovely... and congrats on your sales! Hopefully you´ll be happy and rested soon again ;) LOL

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

I looks big! No wonder your legs hurt from running from one end to the other! I'm happy is has been a succes and hope that you can speak German again! ;)

glasfaden said...

Get well soon - it's tough to have a market on these cold days, but at least it was a success! Congrats on your sales!

PA said...

Your stall looked fab! After doing my first xmas market this week I understand exactly how you feel :)

Apol said...

Yey for the sales! Yes, next year again, with lots of light and a foot warmer :) Great-looking table BTW.

Kreativlink said...

Yep, your display looks great. I'd have loved to go through all the things! :)