Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Button Wednesday : Cork Buttons



It is Wednesday again, so it's BUTTON DAY on my blog !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


I saw these cork buttons of oritdotan on Etsy and I like them very much. I have always liked cork; it's warm, soft and natural. Why did I not think about cork buttons before ?


So, I searched a bit further, and found that a firm called Pink Paislee makes cork buttons, of which Danielle Flanders made a lovely button bracelet.



Amy Kate gives a terrific tutorial on her blog "casa in the country" to make your own cork buttons from wine corks. I am certainly going to try that !!



These ones are from thedailymarker on Flickr and she distressed them to a get a dark color; lovely !


You can also paint them like Tracy did (alias ccyytt on Flickr).


And this last photo shows some ingenious cork buttons by The Knitting Physicist; it's a great tutorial ! Will try that soon too....



Have you seen a lovely, beautiful, stunning, crazy button or button-related thingy, or did you make something with a button / buttons, or did you even make buttons yourself, blog about it on your blog on Wednesday, and give the link here in the comments so that everybody can enjoy it !!

4 comments:

zsazsazsu said...

the champagne button is just great indeed ! Have you typed "button" in on www.pinterest.com ...
prachtige dingen te vinden !

ingermaaike said...

cork os such a versatile material, I fondly remember warm and soft cork floors of way back when.

oritdotandolls said...

Hya
Thanks lots for featuring my shop in this beautiful featture
Cheers!
Orit

Danielle said...

Thank you for featuring me! I love the cork buttons, so unique!
Danielle