Tuesday, August 2, 2011

My Flickr Favorites: Childhood Memories


Today in the Flickr Favorites we are playing by theme (every first Tuesday in the month), and the theme for this Tuesday is "Childhood Memories". The most of my childhood memories are around all the holidays we had at the house of my Friesian grandparents. The smell of peat in the kitchen, the blue walls against the flies, the white goat and the fresh milk, the heaps of forget-me-nots we picked, the washing under the cold pump outside, the chicken and the eggs, the fishing with my dad early in the morning, the meat simmering on the oil-stove, etc. etc.

For more flickr favourites see ArtMind's blog.

1. Washing at the pump, 2. Vergeet-mij-nietjes, 3. Keuken , 4. Geit melken

4 comments:

Anca Pandrea said...

Lovely mosaic. I think holding on to traditions is an important part of growing up.

Erika Price said...

Wonderful memories!

Andreia said...

Wonderful!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

Oh man, even I remember that pump at my grandmothers - I nearly forgot! What great days hey? Love your mosaic, Ella! :)