Sunday, November 28, 2010

Tidbits : Flowers




OK, this was not my best week.... I was ill, had the flu, pretty heavy, and felt awful. Pretty sad about it, because I had great plans; sewing two skirts and new bags for the Xmas market. Nothing of all this. Hope next week will be better :)
But in between my bed and the toilet, I made some flowers for the Xmas market, I thought it would be a nice decoration of my stand, winter white flowers. And maybe I sell them too. Made them from old trevira fabric (a heritage from my mother), some wire and real tree branches. Looked from some beautiful worn ones in our wood stove burning wood stack. The flowers themselves can be changed in form, because of the wire sewn into them.



I only think that they will not be very suitable for Etsy, because the branches cannot be very long (German Post: 60x15x15 box is maximum) and although they weigh not much, it's still 6 Euro to send them abroad. I could cut the branches at about 45 cm, and I could see how much flowers I could get into the German Post norm, but where do I get cartons from that size ????

4 comments:

kraplap said...

great idea Inger ! then I sell a flower and a pdf how to do it.

zsazsazsu said...

being sick and still such nice work ! Waw ! I like them a lot ! Of course you should sell them.
Hope you feel better now,have a very nice start of the week.

Morrgan said...

Sorry to hear you've been ill, I hope you feel better now! The flowers look great, love the idea. :)

StaroftheEast said...

Healing vibes to you!
Love your flowers and I think 45cm would be long enough. Maybe you can make boxes yourself, or wrap them very good?