Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Buttons : spring swap wreath




The European Street Team organized a secret spring swap last month and I received my present last week; it's a gorgeous button wreath made by the talented florist Vaida from Lithuania. Have a look at her lovely creations in her Etsy shop kaleda. She has a great blog too. Vaida made me something really special, and she also wrote that if I wanted the buttons after a while I could easily take them off because they are not glued ! So thoughtful, don't you think ?

I decided to hang the wreath at the left door of my atelier / workspace which is mostly closed; the right door is mostly open in summer; so all tourists coming to visit see the wreath immediately !

It was difficult to take pics because of the refection of the glass door, but I hope you can see how lovely the wreath is. And finally a very strange picture from this morning when the sun came through; I like it somehow ....


10 comments:

LabSpace said...

The wreath is lovely: would be a pity to detach the buttons! Although it is a lovely, generous thought from the giver. I like the spirit! I think you found a lovely spot to hang it.

RitaJC said...

What a beautiful gift!
And adorable pictures!!!

Greet said...

o, yes , that picture with those sunrays is wonderful!!!
A perfect gift for a button lover like you!!!

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

What a great present, and so perfect for your door! I love the last photo with the light shining through!

matchstickgirl said...

its really sweet !!!

Mitsy / ArtMind said...

What a fab gift she made for you! I love how she took the time to invesitgate your button-love! :)
The pics are super & the place you hung it is a real eye catcher.

StaroftheEast said...

Perfect gift for you!!

Vaida said...

Lovely place for my wreath! The wreatht realy suited to the windows frames:)))
Thank you, Petronella!

LeelaBijou said...

That´s amazing!!! And so beautiful! What a great gift :)

Kim van Waardenburg said...

a lovely idea!! And that last pic: well that's just magic!!