Sunday, November 8, 2009

Tidbits : Granny Squares


baahar from the European Street Team (EST) on Etsy had a great idea ! All EST members could make a collaborative granny square blanket, where all participating members would send a square or two for her to put together as a blanket, to be sold for some charity organization.
I immediately told here I am in, because I liked the idea of this patchwork blanket! I studied her description of the granny squares pretty intensive, because it's already many years ago that I last had a crochet hook in my hands. And after many attempts, I finally managed to make 3 squares, which, if I may say so, is a major achievement for a non-crocheter as I am.
Here they are:

They will be posted first thing monday morning !

9 comments:

ingermaaike said...

I have one ready and am trying to find my other cotton the make some more.

Once you get the hang of it it is not too hard, but boy before the light goes on...grr.

Yours look very pretty!

fleurfatale said...

they look very well done for an absolute beginner!!!
where can I find the pattern?, I want to make thme too!

Kuutydruk said...

Beautiful and well done! :))

ArtMind said...

Ohh, they look fab! I got distracted from mine and I'm making something else now but I'll do my granny's soon! :)

baahar said...

Thanks a lot for taking the time and making the effort p8 :)

I really appreciate it. Cannot wait to get them :)

Kreativlink said...

They look great! :)

Spacejams Vintage said...

I am planning to make some this week..wanted to crochet them during the weekend, but had no time!!
Yours look great!

cri-cri said...

O I'll also make any-one ...what're the concitions ?

Dawn of LaTouchables said...

Those are beautiful, rustic, yummy! Petronella, you are a mistress of all trades!