Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Tidbits : Tagged and Award
I was tagged by ArtMind and dindi to give 16 facts about myself... So, here we go:
1. I love Peggy !!!! She is the most cuddly loving dachshund you have ever seen.
2. Like to lay down on my back and look to the sky; thinking what it is, a monster, a dragon, or ????
3. Cannot live without my private little coffee machine, but without caffein.
4. My upmost pride: the sewing atelier. Always quite messy.
5. I love my hubby; here in our little boat on the Schlei last summer (in front of our house).
6. I collect traditional costumes; mostly caps, hats and coiffes. Once a year I organize a little show for the neighbour ladies in our village. This cap is from Zwartsluis in the Netherlands.
7. Crazy about buttons..........
8. I like to go for walks at the Baltic Sea. Love to find shells and stones. Sometimes it's like a moon-scape.
9. I collect stamps with traditional costumes; love the old ones. This one is from 1935 and represents a woman from Hessen in Germany.
10. They are here everywhere; really beautiful stones. Have made a small stone-garden last year.
11. Love the Schlei-fjord along we are living; here the old railway-road combi-bridge at Lindaunis.
12. I make hats, among other things; but hats are my favourites.
13. I love chickens; this is a painting by an uncle of hubby and it hangs in our living room. Also used a picture from the same painter as the cover of my thesis (which was about chickens).
14. Love everything history; this is a picture of my Friesian grandparents in front of their house in Wijnjeterp. I spent there a very happy youth !
15. My garden, in which I spent a lot of time in the summer; it will go into its second summer. So, very curious how it will look.
16. I collect postcards with traditional costumes; this one is from Scheveningen in the Netherlands where my grandmother came from. I have more than 10.000 cards; the Dutch ones you can see here.
And dear dindi gave me also a blog award. I am touched that she picked me as one of the recipients - Thanks !
Proximidade is described as follows:
'This blog invests and believes in PROXIMITY - nearness in space, time and relationships. These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find and be friends. They are not interested in prizes for self-aggrandizement! Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships are propagated. Please give more attention to these writers!'
This blog award should be sent to your favorite eight bloggers and they, in turn should forward to eight of their favorites. You should include the text for Proximidade (above) in your announcement blog.
I have chosen the following eight blogs for the Proximidade Award:
this is love forever
the long thread
The Creative Place