Monday, June 9, 2008

Buttons : permutation of wasps or coral snakes or corncobs




I have a lot of these small thick buttons in orange and brown, and I did not know what to do with it. Mixed, they remind me a bit of wasps or coral snakes or corncobs. I had to do something funny with it, and started to lay them down in patterns. These buttons feel great in your hands because they are pretty thick; so I kept on laying out patterns. That's how the idea came upon me to make a permutation set of all possible pair-combinations of the numbers 0, 1, 2 and 3, and to make necklaces in that way. (I am sorry for those who never liked mathematics in school, but I am a very mathematical person; can't help that)

These are the series (orange, brown): 0 0, 1 0, 0 1, 1 1, 1 2, 2 1, 2 2 , 1 3, 3 1, 2 3, 3 2, 3 3. This means 11 necklaces in total.

Crazy isn't ????


3 comments:

glasfaden said...

Cool necklace!! I was a mathematical person, but already forget everything now - I had to think twice to remember about permutation :/

jealousydesign said...

I cant understand matematic....
But I like your necklace :)

ingermaaike said...

Way cool, I love these kind of things!